Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Giorgio Armani Spring/Summer 2016 Runway Collection - Swatched Plus Armani Goes Fur-Free

You may remember that I had to swatch the Giorgio Armani Beauty Spring/Summer 2016 Runway Palette in the store, and I promised to provide better swatch photos of the three eye shadows and blush.

The Spring/Summer Runway Palette ($120) is gorgeous - even prettier than it looks on the Web site. The photo directly above shows the first tier of the palette with a warm pink blush that will thrill many, and the second tier presents three beautiful eye shadows.

I was able to get a swatch photo in late-afternoon sunshine. I swatched with sponge-tipped applicators, applying the eye shadow shades fairly heavily and the blush rather lightly.

The leftmost shade is a beautiful base champagne shade, which is shown at the top of my arm, offers a beautiful gleam. I wish you could see the exact tone of the beautiful grey shade in my photo. It has a slight periwinkle tint that makes it unique. It's worth the price of admission. The light copper shade is a beautiful shade for spring and also daytime. I'm smitten with all three.

The blush is shown on my arm below the three eye shadows. I applied it moderately and blended it slightly into a circle. It's a warm pink shade that works perfectly for me.

I hope this photo will give you enough information to decide whether the palette is a must-have for you. It is for me. Right now, the Armani Beauty Web site is offering a 15% discount and free shipping for orders of $75 or more. Just use the code SPRING.

Just in case you haven't heard, The Armani Groups has announced that all of its lines will go fur-free starting this fall. WWD reported an agreement between Armani and The Humane Society of the United States and the Fur Free Alliance. The Armani Group plans to stop using animal fur in all of its products. The Fur Free Alliance is a coalition of 40 animal protection organizations in 28 countries that are trying to end the fur trade.

Giorgio Armani said in a statement released by the HSUS, “I am pleased to announce that the Armani Group has made a firm commitment to abolish the use of animal fur in its collections. Technological progress made over the years allows us to have valid alternatives at our disposition that render the use of cruel practices unnecessary as regards animals. Pursuing the positive process undertaken long ago, my company is now taking a major step ahead, reflecting our attention to the critical issues of protecting and caring for the environment and animals.”

This makes me love Giorgio Armani even more. Hip hip hooray!

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; swatch photo by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Eileen said...

What a pretty palette! When Armani doesn't stray too far from the gorgeous neutrals he does so well, his palettes are very chic. As for that grey with a hint of periwinkle, that sounds exactly like the kind of color you'd expect from Armani. Back in the day, I had a gorgeous Armani sheath in his beautiful steel blue color. I used to wear it with silver cuffs and it was stunning. In some hands, greys with blue or violet undertones are clumsy, but in Armani's artistic hands, they have depth and complexity that brings them to life. I bet that grey color is simply gorgeous on your eyes, Charlestongirl. It's the kind of color that can be used entirely on its own.

I was thrilled that Armani made the fur announcement especially since we've been seeing the fashions magazines and online sites showing an increasing number of fashions that feature fur--a trend that I found very disturbing. So, yes, three cheers for Armani! I wish more designers would follow his lead and say we really don't need to use fur to create incredible fashion.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

So happy that Armani went fur-free! Fur is much better on the animals. And faux is so good now that it's even better than real because of the easy care..AND the ethics!
Beautiful palette. I love the grey.

Sandra said...

I have always loved Armani's exquisite designs for men as well as women. It is wonderful he has gone fur-free! I agree with Eileen that there was too far too much use of real fur on the runways this year.

Armani Runway Collection is lovely. I would like to have the beautiful eyeshadows -- your swatches are great -- especially the gray, but I am on the fence about the blush as I think it is too pink for me. I may have to just take the plunge, though, for those gorgeous shadows!

Charlestongirl said...

Sandra,

The blush is really kind of peachy on me. Definitely a warm pink. I woes it today with the champagne and grey shadows. Loved it!

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

I was very disturbed when the fashion industry returned to fur, after a hiatus influenced by protests. I applaud Mr. Armani for leading the way to more ethical fashion.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, I won't even wear faux fur. It looks like I approve of fur. Some people can't tell the difference.

Jules said...

Lovely indeed! Lovely shades that are so natural on skin. I also love the packaging for I find it travel friendly too.

bisbee said...

The palette does look quite nice, but I don't see anything revolutionary in those colors. I also think $120 for a blush and 3 shadows is excessive, so I won't be purchasing for both reasons.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Wowza!!! I had no idea it was that pricey! Count me out.