Friday, February 12, 2016

New Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine

Whether you will be checking out new products at the stores during the beauty events or holing up inside and shopping online to avoid the cold, you must check out Chanel's new Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine ($37). I was extremely grateful when a friend in the beauty industry gave me a gift of one at Christmas time (it was an advance preview). I had my choice of shades, and I chose #218, Script. I could just have easily selected Article, Lettre - all of the shades are gorgeous, but I didn't want to be greedy. I chose one. Even better than the extraordinary color of this Lipshine, I love the formula.

Here's how Chanel describes it...
The intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a lip gloss, and the comfort of a lip balm - all in one creamy yet lightweight formula. This innovative formula is enriched with nourishing Apple seed extract and hydrating jojoba oil and coconut oil. Silk powder, beeswax, and special ingredients help visibly smooth, plump, and add brilliant 3D shine to the lips. Stylo Complete Lipshine is available in a spectrum of eight irresistible shades, featuring pinks, reds, nudes, and corals. In a convenient, twist-up "stylo" form to write your color signature.

This new Lipshine offers everything I love in a lip color. It looks great, feels great, hydrates, applies evenly (much better on my lips than over my arm tendon), is a hybrid between transparent and rich (depending on how you apply it), and provides pretty and lasting color. I took a swatch photo of Script just a few minutes ago.

I would describe Script as a cool coral. Combined with the pink in my lips, it's a great color on me - even with my cool-toned skin. It warms my appearance. It is much prettier than it looks online in that little square color representation.

You can see all of the colors at Chanel's Web site. Even better, though, visit a Chanel counter in the next few weeks. You might be surprised at the shade you choose, and you'll want to spend enough to bring home a pretty tote. If you need help on the phone, please call one of my buddies: Nicki at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258, or Rahman at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria at (703) 761-1600. Ask for the Chanel counter.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; swatch photo by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look really tempting. Thanks for braving the cold to get a photo. Which Chanel lip formula from the past would you most compare it with? I really miss the old aqualumiere formula. It seemed to last on me a lot longer than the rouge coco shines. These appear to be similar to rouge allure but with more shine, no?

Unknown said...

Oh no, not Chanel! I have my eye on a few of these. My wallet is crying now. Thanks for the post, CG!
Happy Valentines Day- Liz

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I was a total Aqualumiere fan. More recently, I've enjoyed Rouge Coco Shine. I don't mind re-applying it now and then. I just wish it held its shine. I think this new Lipshine holds the shine admirably.

Charlestongirl said...

I know all about wailing wallets, Liz. I don't think these are limited editions, so we should be able to add colors over time.

wendy said...

hi charleston girl! being the chanelphile that i am, i will certainly check these out. i also miss many of chanel's now discontinued products. if you've worn chanel makeup for years, you know what i mean! i am searching for a peachy lip that chanel used to offer in many formulas and finishes. doesn't anyone wear peach colored lip color anymore? i miss chanel's bliss glossimer and chanel's "old" formula of rouge coco in mystique. if anyone knows these colors and can make a recommendation, i'd so very much appreciate it. to my knowledge, chanel still has "volupte" (spelling?) glossimer which is beautiful in the tube but shows no color on me. amoure (spelling?) came along with this collection (i bought at least 8 or 9 tubes of this color) but they discontinued the lip pencil and lipstick that went along with it. do you remember their ad campaign with the blond model, with a pixie cut, had the glossimer in her mouth? happy friday and happy valentine's day!!! xoxoxo

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It is beautiful...even in that tiny swatch. I just purchased my first Chanel lipstick in years, "Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle" and I'm in love with it! I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have been curious about these for a while especially after seeing a lot of celebs wear them on the red carpet. Some of the MUA's have been mixing two of the colors or layering over pencil/lipstick. I imagine they would fit neatly into clutches for touch ups. My only concern is the small quantity at presumably full size lipstick price.
Frances

Charlestongirl said...

Frances, tomorrow, I will compare ounces. That's the only way I can compare tall and thin to shorter.

Anonymous said...

do know if these are limited edition?i bought one today and the lady at the counter told me they were but I had thought they were permanent previously. thank you for the swatch

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, Chanel's e-mail did not say they were limited. I will ask the AE today.

Nemo said...

Hello, Cg & Happy Valentine's Day to you and Charlie! I have been buying a lot of CHANEL lately, but I did not buy any of these new lipsticks. I did buy 2 new Rouge Coco lipsticks offered with this particular collection, and 4 of the new polishes. Meanwhile, please ask your CHANEL contacts to consider doing a CHANEL Chinese New Year collection! After all, it is the Year of the Monkey and I can think of nothing that would be right up Coco Chanel's alley so to speak as that! She loved all things Chinese. I recall seeing photos of her Coromandel screens. She also adored whimsical things, and there is nothing more whimsical than that little fire monkey! Think what the talented CHANEL people could do with that! There could be a tiny collection done in Chinese red instead of the traditional black compacts. There could be an eye quad done in the shape of a monkey with wonderful eye colors inside of sparkly tans and browns and oranges. There could be a combo blush/highlighter with a pan of metallic peach with a darker monkey in the center. Monkey Shine. And a lipstick, preferably a new Rouge Allure in Monkey, and a gloss. Wow.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, our Account Executive said they are permanent, not limited editions.

Charlestongirl said...

Cool idea, Nemo! I passed it along.

Tatiana said...

I popped into my local Chanel boutique two weeks ago when I was in The City having my hair cut. I immediately bought 212 Recit. After wearing it for a week, I had to get more. So when Dear Husband and I were in The City doing an early Valentine's Day celebration I stopped into the boutique again and bought two more. This time it was 214 Message and 216 Lettre. They are all so beautiful and very comfortable to wear.

Monica said...

No, no, no!! I am on a strict no-buy while I try to get through all the makeup/skincare I hoarded over the years but Chanel keeps batting it out of the park! Of course, I have a soft spot for Chanel makeup and cannot resist their nail colors!

I will definitely take a look at these new additions!