Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Le Métier de Beauté Ultimate Hydrator

Any time I see a product name like "Ultimate Hydrator, Hydrate, Soothe, Calm and Repair" I get suspicious. Ultimate, of course, means the best achievable. Hydrator gives me the expectation that the product will make my skin less dry - much less dry. I told you last week that I would find out more information about this $225 product - primarily because I wanted to know what's in it that would live up to its billing.

I did, and I'm impressed. I had tried it in the store, but I put a very small amount on top of layers of product: moisturizer, foundation, blush - you get the picture. It wasn't a fair test, particularly since you are supposed to apply it right before your makeup.

Formulated to lock optimal moisture levels into the skin while delivering hydration deep below the surface to boost hydration levels, this luxuriously rich, gentle formula is safe for sensitive skin. It was designed to be comforting and to restore youthful hydration to dry skin immediately.

If you are good at reading ingredient lists, here they are. Water (Aqua), Squalan, Caprylic/Capric Triglyeride, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyle Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Myristyle Myristate, Tocopheryl Phosphate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Hydroxyproline, Disodium Lauriminodipropionate Tocopheryl Phosphates, Proline, Glycine, Hyaluronic Acid, Silanetriol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteth-20, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acylate/Sodium Acryloyldimenthyl Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, and Phenoxyethanol. I'm sure most of you would like a bit of interpretation.

Ultimate Hydrator provides super hydration, moisturizing, plumping Botox-like effects with TPM, Le Métier de Beauté's patented delivery system that increases potency. The hydrator helps with the early signs of aging, resulting in reduced depth of wrinkles, and firmer, supple, soft, smooth, youthful looking skin.

The product includes:
  • Argirelene: SNAP 25 - Botox-like activity, will help reduce the depth of wrinkles caused by contraction of muscles of facial expression
  • Epidermosil: silicium and small molecular weight hyaluronic acid with synergistic benefits will enhance the epidermis thickening, collagen production, density and architecture. Will improves skin hydration and firmness.
  • Shea butter, grape seed oil: emolliency for soft, smooth skin
  • Vital ET, a triple dose of vitamin E for soothing and healing the skin
Ultimate Hydrator is free of parabens and perfumes. It does have a slight smell of cucumber, a masking agent, which dissipates quickly. Some people don't smell it; I do. The product was made in the United States. I like the pump dispenser.

Ultimate Hydrator has been selling swiftly. I think that's because you can actually feel it working when you apply it. It's a pleasant feeling that reassures you that the active ingredients are working. After a few days of use, your skin should appear to have fewer expression lines and be more plump and youthful.

Yes, it's pricey. It seems like all of the really good skin care is pricey these days. That's why you need to learn as much as you can about ingredients to help you judge the potential for effectiveness. Hopefully, we have been learning together over the last few years.

You can purchase Ultimate Hydrator at Neiman Marcus. I'm sure my friend Michael Reinhardt would be happy to tell you about it and have one sent to you. You can reach him starting Thursday at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 (he is enjoying his days off). I wouldn't recommend that you talk to anyone else about Ultimate Hydrator. It's new, and I'm not sure they have been trained.

As you know, it's still Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus. With a $125 purchase, you will receive a tote with samples. If you spend $400 with Le Métier de Beauté, you will receive a full-sized Replenishing Daily Solution worth $225. That's my absolute favorite skin care from Le Métier de Beauté.

Photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the post! I received different information from Anastastia the aestetician for LMdeB. She told me it was the LAST step in my skin care, to be placed on top after serums and creams. Erin, who I think you know, that now manages the counter at NM in Houston Galleria for LMdeB told me to save a step I could mix The Ultimate Hydratoe with my current moisturizer to combine a step. Hylton will be in Houston this Saturday at the Galleria. I will have to get these discrepancies straightened out.

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, my info came from Hylton, who is in charge of skin care.

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, that info is now confusing me. I just got an e-mail from Hylton that said the following...

I tried to leave a comment on the blog. The Ultimate Hydrator is the last treatment product in your skincare regimen to go on the skin. It seals moisture onto the skin and it feel like a primer. Perfect for make-up application.

I'll sort it out tomorrow. I'm falling asleep. Was up last night with insomnia until about 2:00!

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, unfortunately, I'm awake again! Hylton sent me an old fact sheet from which I had taken the clean skin application directions. The product was refined to be less of a serum, more of a primer, the last step before makeup during the day or after your other treatments at night. I'm glad you noticed the discrepancy. Thank you!

I have updated the post, and all should be well. I don't know why Erin couldn't be right. Well let them sort that one out. I doubt I would mix the products. That's just my superstitious behavior. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Above...We'll not well. I hate autocorrect.