Monday, September 16, 2013

New Chantecaille Cheek Crème Shades for "Summer 2013" Have Arrived

I showed you the new Chantecaille Cheek Crèmes ($25) for Summer 2013 in June. They have finally arrived. I purchased both at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie this past weekend.

Two new Cheek Crème shades were to have been introduced in July.  I have no idea what happened to cause the delay. Now that they are here, I can verify that these blushes have a velvety soft cream texture that melts into the skin, transforming into a powder finish for a natural glow-from-within look. They are sold as refills, which is why you see the colors depicted separately from the color-ready compacts above. Playful is a pink with a touch of coral, and Dashing is a burnt rose.

There is no way I could have chosen only one, however, I was unable to purchase a compact - not even one. Chantecaille had not sent enough of them to the store. I'll pick two up eventually.

Achieve the look of a natural summer flush with Chantecaille’s luxurious Cheek Crème. The velvety, soft cream blush melts into skin, transforming into a soft powder finish for a natural glow. Designed for easy application, the creamy formula glides on smoothly for gentle, buildable color. The compact’s convenient mirror guarantees effortless on-the-go application.

The antioxidant-rich formula is infused with white lily bulb and peach extracts to shield delicate skin from harmful environmental pollutants. Silicone elastomers in emollient oils deliver a subtle touch of luminousity.

In an effort to be more environmentally responsible, Chantecaille has proudly re-launched all eye and cheek shades for refillable-only packaging, the new mirrored Pebble Compact ($11). Its innovative magnetized strip allows you to remove, recycle, and replace your favorite Chantecaille shades effortlessly. The only problem is that the total price of the color and the compact is now higher. I guess we pay to be environmentally responsible.

When I swatched them in full sun, using a brush for the heavy swatch at the top of my arm and my finger for the "normal" application below, I found the creams to be much softer than I expected. Be warned: they are soft, and a little goes a long way.

Playful is shown directly above and below. The swatch at the top of my arm is really intense because I was surprised by how much product my brush picked up with one swipe. The warm pink color is gorgeous, and as you can see, it looks like a natural blush when applied normally.

Dashing, shown immediately below, is the darker of the two shades and just as gorgeous. If you look at the color in the "plastic" container, you might think it is very dark. As you can see in my photo, it blends out nicely for a "burnt rose" shade that's perfect for fall. I think you're going to love the new additions to the Cheek Crème "family."

These Cheek Crèmes are available at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, and select Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue locations. They will also be available online at Chantecaille.com and Bliss.com - Nordstrom.com too.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Sara said...

Dashing looks gorgeous! Thank you for the swatches. I can't wait to see your other purchases! -Sara

Claire said...

Thanks for the swatches, CG!! They look beautiful! I don't know if you or other reader may be having trouble accessing Chantecaille products. The other day, I was trying to stock up on Just Skin TM, supposedly one of their best seller and my staple product. I went to 3 places and the stock NONE of the colors. First, Nordstrom, they said they were out because they may be doing inventory. Second, Barney's, to my surprise they no longer carry Chantecaille in store! Third, Neiman's also not available. What gives?? I was able to finally get it from Neiman's after a lengthy wait. They don't stock it in their supposed warehouse but were able to locate it from a store in the East Coast (I live in West Coast), so it took almost 2 weeks to ship. And now I'm reading that these blushes were introduced in July as part of Summer collection. Well, summer is already over and you just got them, sans the compact even. I hope Chantecaille is not having trouble/may be able to improve their distribution. If you/any other reader here have insider's info about this problem, I'd like to hear it. I hate to not have access to this wonderful brand.

Anonymous said...

These do look really pretty. I like the golden shimmer in the darker one. Unfortunately, I would be annoyed by the separately sold compact. I don't see the purpose since the refill is sold in a plastic encasing anyways and it doesn't make sense to me how that is more environmentally friendly.Nevertheless, both colors are lovely.
Have a great evening.
Tanja

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors, Playful would be my choice at the moment, but I can't help think I could transition into Dashing quite nicely for winter. I have to say I almost laughed out loud when I read the headline...Summer 2013 has arrived! I haven't shopped for these myself, but I hope Claire's fears don't prove correct. Chantecaille has such lovely products.

Thanks for the swatches CG! Denise at aeiokid at comcast dot net

Eileen said...

I see a recurring theme here--several of us are beginning to become concerned about Chantecaille's inability to launch complete collections in a timely manner. This has been going on for quite awhile as well. At first it was just a product or two missing from a launch, but then launches started getting pushed back and products arrived in dribs and drabs so that the collections lacked cohesiveness. I don't know how you other ladies feel, but when I'm drawn to a seasonal look, I like to be able to get enough key pieces at one time to replicate it. I do sincerely hope they resolve whatever manufacturing or distributions problems they are having because their products are simply top-notch and I've always admired their esthetic point of view.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm glad that you swatch products for us, because I never would have looked twice at the darker shade and I would have missed-out on a lovely color! Thx!!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Totally agree with you, Eileen. I'd be a bit concerned, too, but I'm a very irregular Chantecaille user. However, I'd be disappointed if they disappeared.

Anonymous said...

Dashing looks amazing!! Perfect warm shimmery shade for Autumn! Great swatches!:)
xoxo
Ann-Marie

Elizabeth said...

I have to agree with Eileen and everybody else. Why are these so late?? Plus, while I care about the environment as much as the next person, I also care about not being taken for a complete fool. If these compacts are anything like the plastic ones they've been selling for their individual eye shadows and blushes, they're really not worth $11. Even their metal lipgloss compacts scratch so easily!

Rant aside, these are beautiful. Thanks for the swatches. Honestly, if Chantecaille would get their heads in the game - and expand their foundation shades - I could see myself being faithful to them forever.

Lisa said...

Well said Eileen!

Moonchime said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I want to get both of these! I love how they look so pigmented. Cream blushes are one of my great beauty loves~and addictions!

Claire said...

I agree with Eileen.. The other item I was looking for at Chantecaille was the Lip Chic Sheer Lip Tint. Again, it was so hard to find, even a few weeks into launch. I think the cream blush can be used year round, but if the item is truly seasonal, Chantecaille would have missed a bunch of business from all of us, makeup fans.