Tuesday, August 21, 2012

M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish in Star Wonder from the Heavenly Creature Colour Collection

You know I don't often purchase items from M·A·C's way-too-frequent collections. I made an exception for Mineralize Skinfinish in Star Wonder from the Heavenly Creature Colour Collection ($29). In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish and Blushes are my favorite M·A·C products. I'm a pushover for the beautiful multicolored compacts.

A luxurious, velvet-soft powder with a high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.

True, but in the case of Star Wonder, it's a great highlighting blush.I stopped by the M·A·C counter at Bloomingdale's about a month ago - maybe longer. I had an opportunity to color test the shades in the store, and I selected Star Wonder over the other three shades. This beauty was mine!

Not only was it pretty in the compact, it's extremely pretty on my skin. I wouldn't say it has a high-frost metallic finish. I think it has a shimmering finish that's flattering and wearable. Check out my swatch photos, which were taken in full, late-afternoon sun. I blended all the colors in the palette together and applied a heavy swatch with a sponge-tipped applicator.

Isn't that a gorgeous pink? It has color and life, and it jumps off my face - in a good way. I'm smitten.

For me, Star Wonder is a blush. I wouldn't wear it applied all over my face, as M·A·C suggests you can. Perhaps someone with much darker skin can. Because I like it so much, I just blind-purchased two of the Mineralize Blushes from the collection. Hope I like them!

I just saw on M·A·C's Web site that this Mineralize Skinfinish is sold out in all shades except Earthshine. However, I believe you can still find it at M·A·C counters. Call around. I'd recommend you look for it if you're passing by a counter or M·A·C boutique. If you can't find it, just wait a few weeks. There will be another collection.

Update: I just found it at Nordstrom online.

Photo at top courtesy of M·A·C; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Coco said...

I tried this one from Mac, not liking the finish on my face. The sheen looks a bit unnatural on me somehow.

LilyBiscuit said...

I'm going to try to find this too. It's a great blush for fair skin. I really like the swatches. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Coco,

Sorry to hear that. Otherworldly, huh?

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, LilyBiscuit. That's how I felt about it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your Mineralize Blush. The description you posted from MAC above is actually for the Mineralize Skinfinishes (MSFs), which are classified as "Powders" within "Face", and MAC does indeed suggest the MSFs can be used all over the face. The Mineralize Blushes like Star Wonder, however, are classified under "Cheek" within "Face" and are not intended for all-over face use. Here is MAC's description for the Mineralize Blushes: "Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer".
Hope this helps. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Star Wonder is a Skinfinish, as I wrote in the feature. It's printed right on the back of the pan. I use it as a blush (with my fair skin).

There are blushes, and I ordered a few. Hope I like them too.

Anonymous said...

Oh...DUH! I don't see how anyone could really use this one as an all-over face powder!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, I guess if you had chocolate skin you could!

Jenn & Nicole (beautykissxo) said...

I was debating about getting this! After seeing your swatch, I totally regret not picking this up!

Charlestongirl said...

Erin, it's not too late. Nordies, free shipping!