Tuesday, July 10, 2012

YSL Beauté Dare to Glow Illuminateur Silky Highlighting Veil for Autumn/Winter 2012/2013

YSL Beauté is showing a dramatic look for Fall/Winter 2012/2012. The focus is on the lips or eyes, but the moment I saw the display, I focused on the three shades of Dare to Glow Illuminateur Silky Highlighting Veil ($28)! Before you could flash an eyelash, I had selected Tempting Gold and Naughty Pink.

Here they are at my house, safely procured - without much pain at the reasonable price of $28/shade. How could I choose between two of my favorite colors, pink and gold? Had the third shade, the darker Fatal Red, been lighter, it might have come home with me too.

A silky complexion illuminator, between a highlighter and an enhancer, Dare to Glow is an essential for women seeking that gorgeous glow. The melting, ultra-fresh gel texture leaves skin soft and comfortable. Enriched with optical mother-of-pearl particles, Dare to Glow forms an impalpable veil for a natural-looking shimmer on the skin.

These little tubes pack gleaming shades, and a tiny dab will do you. I swatched them both, applying a teeny tiny amount and blending it onto my arm a little bit with my fingertip. I took these photos in full, late-afternoon sun. There was a lot of sun, making my photos light, but the colors and glow are fairly accurate. Look at the high-voltage shimmer!

Tempting Gold is pure gold, and Naughty Pink is anything but naughty. It's a pastel baby pink. Both of these shades provide a shimmering, gleaming highlight to the face, cheekbones, or eyes, any place you want to highlight. I'm glad I purchased both shades.

Why do I love them? The gleam they provide is flattering. There's shimmer, but it's not over the top. The formula is like silk. They blend like a dream. The colors are sheer. They feel weightless on the skin, but the color lasts for a long time. The tubes are small, but it takes so little product to achieve a glow, they will last a long time - and the price is reasonable. Oh my, as I write, I'm tempted to go back for Fatal Red.

Did I need more highlighters? Nope! I've bought enough for life. Even so, I can't imagine leaving these behind. They are exquisite - the kind of makeup that makes you feel special.

YSL's Autumn/Winter Collection 2012/2013 has arrived at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.com, even though it was scheduled for an August arrival. Check your favorite counter. If it's not there, it should be soon. I checked YSL's Web site, but it still features the summer collection. I'm sure that will change soon.

Photo at top courtesy of YSL Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just discovered your blog! Love it. Thanks for having it.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

So pretty! I don't know how much use I'd actually get out of these, but I want them regardless!! (maybe just to look at?? :P)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elle. Thanks for reading!

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Becca, if you look at them long enough, you might be inspired to use them. LOL

Darcey said...

Gorgeous and reasonably priced for YSL. I have the copacabana and lacuna illuminates from NARS. Are these different enough to try?

Darcey said...

*laguna