Thursday, June 28, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Wild Ginger Nail Lacquer from the Indian Summer Collection by Ken Downing for Summer 2012

Le Métier de Beauté's Wild Ginger Nail Lacquer, designed by Neiman Marcus' Ken Downing for the Indian Summer Collection is a splashy orange that's perfect for summer!  It's the darker shade at left above. I had a chance to try it out, courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté. Even though I'm not "an orange person," I have to say, it's gorgeous! It will liven up your July and August.

Brighter than bright, Wild Ginger is gorgeous on the hands - and feet. I took a few color wheel swatch photos and wanted to show it to you while it's still available in the stores. My photos were taken in full sun. I'll apologize for the little hair attached to one of the nails in my photos. I didn't see it, but now it looks like I painted a piece of cat fur into one of the nails. You know how it goes; blame the cat.

Would you look at this shade? It's fire-engine orange. I know, fire engines are typically red, but imagine what one would look like if it were orange. This is it! Eye-catching and brilliant, Wild Ginger is a can't miss shade. Imagine your hands, with Wild Ginger nails, wrapped around a glass of Champagne in a dimly lighted restaurant. Enticing?

I profiled its sister shade, Penny Lane at this link.  I've inserted a photo of Penny Lane directly below so you can see the difference in the orange hues.

Do you need both of these colors? Probably not. I see Penny Lane as a little tamer. Wild Ginger is for your racy side.

Ken Downing for Le Métier de Beauté "capsule collections," including Indian Summer, are available at exclusively at Neiman Marcus, neimanmarcus.com, Bergdorf Goodman, and bergdorfgoodman.com. If you haven't seen these late-summer shades, make sure to check them before they're sold out.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

No comments: