Friday, February 24, 2012

Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Brocade and Sugar Plum

Shiseido's Shimmering Rouge ($25) is my kind of lipstick! Its sheer, brilliant, shimmering color comes along with healthy hydration. When I showcased Shiseido's Spring 2012 Looks by Dick Page, I realized I had purchased two new-to-me Shimmering Rouge shades without showing you. My bad!

This luminous lipstick creates "perfectly hydrated and supple lips for dynamic sophistication." It contains Super Bio-Yeast Extract to promote the production of collagen (lost with aging), hyaluronic acid to maintain the lips' resilience and hydration, and patented Photo Smoothing Pearl to enhance the natural fullness of lips. In short, it looks and feels great.

My two latest shades, both beauties, are RS310, Brocade, and RD718, Sugar Plum (shown in the photo at the top of this feature). I could have sworn I ordered Venus, but apparently didn't. I took care of that this week. I'll show you Venus when it arrives. By the way, for those looking for the new BR 317, Butterscotch, Nordstrom has it available online.

My swatches were applied heavily because Shimmering Rouge is sheer. RS310, Brocade, is shown at the top of my arm. It's a gorgeous pure rose. You'd never know that from looking at Sephora's swatches. I bought mine at Sephora online and expected a plum-leaning rose. I'm thoroughly delighted with Brocade, even if it isn't what I expected.

RD718, Sugar Plum, shown below Brocade, was an even bigger surprise. The "RD" stands for the red family of colors. The Sephora swatch looked mauve. The shade - at least on my skin - is a rosy brown. I think I look good in brown-toned roses, so I'm happy. That's the way it is with Shimmering Rouge. All the colors are exquisite. Even if you order blind, your chances of loving your new lipstick are very high.

I can't wait to see RS619, Venus, shown on the model in spring's Electric Blues Look. Please Shiseido, make it be a little plummy! If it's not, I may have to go shop in a real store, not online, to find a plum shade. Most of the time, I'm happier when I can shop from home. No parking hassles, no wasted $4.00/gallon gasoline, no crowds, no aggressive sales associates - and a lot faster.

If you're like me and want to shop online, you can order Shiseido's Shimmering Rouge from many good sources. Try Shiseido, Sephora (online only), Nordstrom, Macy's, and Bloomingdale's. There are many options. There's even a nice gift with purchase right now at Nordstrom.

Photo at top courtesy of Shiseido; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Tensy said...

I also bought Brocade and love it. I definitely steer to the RS range which has a pink tone to it, and I also have Iron Maiden/RS308 and
Iced Rose/RS312. I took a gamble and ordered Sizzle/OR405 which I hope will be a coral shade, but who knows what it will really look like ordering from Sephora. These lipsticks look lovely on the lip and last a long time even though they are sheer.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tensy,

Aren't these lipsticks wonderful? Glad to hear there's another big fan out there.

I have a few of the OR shades that aren't really orange. I like them.

Polarbelle said...

Oh gosh, they're both gorgeous!! I'm putting Brocade on my wish list, maybe for when Nordies has triple points in a couple weeks. Lovely choices!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Polarbelle!

Wait until you see Venus - super-gorgeous! It just arrived. These are dynamite lip colors. :)