Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizer for Spring 2012 and Beyond

Clé de Peau Beauté's reformulated Enriched Lip Luminizer ($35) is available in 20 shades (#201 through #220)! Envision me at the Clé de Peau counter trying to select only two or three in my new quest to refrain from buying everything in sight. I came away with three, although I could easily have purchased 10. These lip colors have it all.

Just like the pricing model for the Eye Color Quads, the Enriched Lip Luminizers (Rouge Éclat Confort) can be purchased in refill packaging or with a case. Because it's a little more difficult to travel with lipstick that isn't well-protected, I purchased one case ($25) and three lip colors. The refills are protected with a clear plastic cap. They are absolutely fine for my bathroom, but might get damaged rolling around in my handbag.

This rich, lustrous lipstick brings lips into the spotlight and maintains a luxuriously moist, just-applied feeling for hours. They are said to improve the condition and fullness of the lips with continued use. Inspired by desserts that capture the eye, these irresistible lip luminizer colors bring "deep satisfaction." Sigh!

Here is a photo of the case. Take the clear plastic cap off the "refill" and pop it into the case. Voila! It's easy. Don't buy more than one case unless you think you'll be traveling with multiple shades - unless you've got more money than Bill Gates.

The three shades that "won" in my marathon selection contest are shown above. From left to right, they are #207, #216, and #209 (I transposed the numbers on my original post). I wanted a range of colors, and these, sampling coral-rose, pink, and mauve appealed to me.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun. Sorry about my painting skills. I was outside when I noticed the uneven top swatch of #207, but was caught without a Kleenex. I'm not sure why it looks so red in my photos. It's more like watermelon rose with a touch of coral.

The Enriched Lip Luminizers are available in a range of intensities, from very sheer colors to shades with more pigmentation. There were many sheer colors I could have purchased. I didn't test one that wasn't appealing in some way. I went for colors that were semi-sheer, but with very nice pigmentation. These three colors look fabulous on my lips.

Enriched Lip Luminizer, the replacement for Clé de Peau's Extra Silky Lipstick, provides extreme hydration to the lips with moisture-wrapping oil, argan oil, and the exclusive Hydro-Wrap Complex. Extra Silky Lipstick was the winner of Allure magazine's October 2011 Best of Beauty Award for Best Top Splurge Lipstick. Now that we can buy the lip color without the case, it's not such a splurge.

I can highly recommend these gorgeous lip colors. See if you can purchase just one. I guarantee you'll spend some time at the counter trying to select the perfect shade - or three. All Clé de Peau Beauté counters should have Enriched Lip Luminizer now, along with the new Luminizing Face Enhancers and Eye Color Quad.

Photos at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

nikki said...

These are just gorgeous!!! I need a trip to Neimans!!

Charlestongirl said...

Nikki, I agonized over my selections. They are all so pretty!

Christina said...

Would you happen to know which shade the model is wearing to advertise Cle de Peau Spring 2012?

Charlestongirl said...

No, sorry. The only thing I can tell you is that the face is Amanda Seyfried.

Anonymous said...

Please, please dislike a product....even just a smidge....
I may go broke reading your expert insights and being tempted to run to buy all these products!

You do a beautiful job - and you do it with love. Your posts are the highlight of many a workday.
BRAVA GORGEOUS! xo Carolina

Fleur-de-Liz said...

Thank you for your review. When I recently learned that Clé de Peau was discontinuing its Extra Silky Lipstick, I purchased a back up of #116 as it may be my favorite lip color of all time. I have several other colors which I also enjoy as the formula is superb. How do the colors in the new line compare with the older colors? I am curious since the numbering format is similar except the new line starts with 200 instead of 100. Do you think 216 is similar to the old 116? Of course, I can head over to a Clé de Peau and bring my #116 to check it out....

bisbee said...

I'm a bit confused - the color you show in the middle (not the swatches) you say is 209. Is that the bottom swatch on your arm?

I need that color - want to be sure I am ordering the correct one!

Thanks!

Snjohnson10 said...

Hello! I actually came home with only one... #205. Don't know how I did it! I think the beautiful choices were overwhelming! Now after seeing your post i must get 216, and then there is 214 and on and on!
Thank you for the gorgeous pictures and reviews! I know I can always count on you Charlestongirl!
Stacy

Liz said...

wait, they are discontinuing Extra Silky Lipsticks? darn it, I need to make some emergency purchases.

lovethescents said...

Wow these sound wonderful. LOVE the refill idea too. The swatches are equally stunning. You chose gorgeous shades. I'll have to see if our local Cle de Peau carries these. Can't wait to swatch them too!

Soni said...

I bought #214, but man, it was hard to narrow it down. I'm going back for #202 next week. (would you believe there is a Cle de peau counter right across the street from where I work? in a cute little asian market. SOOO dangerous!) Love the feel of these moisturizing silky lippies. And I love that they are refillable. I'm doing what you suggested and only buying the refill. The colors all seem very wearable by most skin tones...don't you agree?
Thank you for the wonderful swatch pics!!

Charlestongirl said...

Carolina, you are so funny! I dislike a lot or products, but it's no fun writing about most of them!

Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Fleur-de-Liz,

I think some of the shades are very similar to the old shades. That's bound to happen, right? How many lip colors are there when you rule out the wild and crazy stuff?

Charlestongirl said...

Really sorry, Bisbee! The swatch order was, top to bottom, 206, 209, and 216.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Stacy! Please make sure to read the swatch order I just wrote above.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Liz, but give these a chance. I think you will find them to be a more-than-suitable replacement. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lovethescents!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Soni! It's a good thing I don't have a counter across the street. I'd be permanently broke.

Unknown said...

Gosh, they really are beautiful. They look so juicy!

Anonymous said...

Can the refills be used even without the case? Or must i buy the refill for the product to retract?