Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer from Roses Ultimes de Chanel for Spring 2012

Chanel's Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers ($29.50) from the Roses Ultimes de Chanel Collection for Spring 2012 have arrived! I ordered Désir (#168) and Jalousie (#169) online. Today, I got my first look at these new shades after UPS dropped them at my door. I was excited to get home while there was still a sliver of sunlight, and I snapped a few photos. I know some of you have been waiting.

When I ordered online from Chanel, I selected the two shades that looked darkest in the tubes. It's a good thing. Even though Désir (#168), shown on the right immediately above, looks colorful in the tube, it's light and transparent - beautiful, but sheer. The darker of the two, Jalousie (#169) is the one that made my heart race.

My swatch photos were snapped in very late-afternoon sun. Because the sun was setting, I tried to get multiple exposures in my photos. Désir is shown at the top of my arm, and the amazing Jalousie is shown below.

Chanel fans already know that Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers offer gorgeous shimmer and a high-shine glow. These lip glosses range from sheer and light to pigmented and dramatic. Depending on the shade, they look beautiful on their own or make excellent toppers for your favorite lipstick. Equally beautiful is the conditioning formula's comfort and reasonable wear.

Désir strikes me as a topper, but Jalousie is a shade I can and will wear without lipstick underneath. For that reason, it's my favorite of the two.

I applied Désir very heavily for my swatch photos. With one swipe, it's very light. With continued layering, you can achieve the color you see in my swatch photos. It's a stunning neutral pink (not too warm, not too cool) that has an iridescent shine. I'm not sure I need to describe the fuchsia-rose Jalousie. Just look at the swatches and drool. It's every bit as pretty in person as it looks on my arm.

My photos may not be perfectly bright, but I know some of you were waiting to order the new Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers. Now that you have seen two of them, what do you think?

I bought mine at Chanel.com, where you have a choice of six new shades (more on that later). I'll show you my other purchases as soon as I can get photos. I haven't had any time to shop this week, so I don't know if these glosses have arrived at Chanel counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Rads said...

I picked up only 2 of the nail polishes. Haven't got them here yet! The glosses I skipped..almost always are too sheer for me :(

Thanks for the swatches :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rads,

I bought Frisson. Really haven't had time to play with it. Will post when I can.

Thanks!

Karla said...

Love Jalousie! Thanks for posting these so quickly.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Karla, thanks! I'm taking Jalousie to work with me tomorrow. :)

Polarbelle said...

the glossimers I love the most are the ones I can wear alone. These were really helpful pictures. Thanks for posting them!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Polarbelle. Thanks!

Leticia said...

Those Glossimers look so pretty! I have yet to indulge in any. :(

Evelyn said...

Jalousie caught my eye in the photograph and now seeing it on you I'm definitely going to get it. Now I just have to decide on the nail polishes.

Unknown said...

I really want to try Jalousie, when is that arriving where I live???

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leticia!

What? You must try at least one!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn!

Are you waiting for a counter visit for a Le Vernis decision? Would make sense. I really love Jalousie. Hope you do too!

Charlestongirl said...

Jaguayan Flawer,

I don't know when they are arriving anywhere. Call your local Chanel counter. I'm sure they can help you. :)

nikki said...

I got Desir and on me it is pretty pigmented. I can wear it alone and it adds a good amount of color. It is sheer, but totally changes my lips to a brightish pink. I am interested in getting Jalousie too now.

Charlestongirl said...

That's great, Nikki! I can paint on enough Désir to get good color, but it's still pretty light on me.

Nancy Pierson said...

I grabbed all the Nail Polish's but I passed on the lip gloss. Maybe I need to rethink that?

pretty addicted said...

Charlestongirl - Just wanted to let you know that this person stole your photos:

http://www.armocromia.com/2012/02/chanel-roses-ultimes-2012.html#more

I was looking for swatches of Jalousie when I found that. Thanks for posting your pics. They are almost the only ones out there!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Pretty Addicted. I sent her a nasty note on Twitter, and I will follow up with a DMCA notice.

Charlestongirl said...

I just spent a couple of hours filing DMCA notices against Armocromia.com, this wasn't the first photo of mine she stole, and I found Karla Sugar's photos too. I think I also found Cafe Makeup's arm on Armocromia.

Thanks again, Pretty Addicted, for alerting me to the copyright infringement.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks again, Pretty Addicted. Google removed two of the posts with my photos today. I filed different DMCA notices, one for each.

Please e-mail me your address at bestthingsinbeauty@gmail.com. I want to send you a thank you.

pretty addicted said...

CharlestonGirl - Just saw this ... I'm so glad you found recourse! Sent you an email :)

Anonymous said...

I just ordered Jalousie online from Chanel and got 2 free makeup samples, makeup and mascara. A friend of mine wore Jalousie to a party and I demanded to know what number it was.