Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bobbi Brown Blush from the Neons and Nudes Collection for Spring 2012

Bobbi Brown introduced two new blush shades with the Neons and Nudes Collection for Spring 2012. I know you've probably already seen Nude Pink and Nude Peach Blush ($24) on other blogs, but I wasn't able to get photos of them until this past weekend. I like them both so much, I wanted to feature them.

In my photo immediately above, taken in full sun, it's pretty obvious what's what. Nude Pink (#29) is shown on the left, and Nude Peach (#28) is shown on the right. On the cheeks, they are great shades.

Nothing gives the face a lift like blush [I think that's Bobbi's mantra]. These two universally flattering, muted pink and peach blush shades are the perfect complement to brightly accented eyes and lips.

The Neons and Nudes Collection features a unique pairing of bright, neon colors balanced by soft nudes and neutrals. Pair a soft, nude eye with a neon lip or a bright eye with a nude lip, depending on your mood. Contrary to what you might think, you shouldn't skip blush with a neon lip or bright eye. You should use a sheer, soft color. Nude Pink and Nude Peach give you options, depending on your skin tone or preference. I can wear both - with or without the rest of the collection. These are gorgeous blushes, without shimmer and office-appropriate.

To get swatch photos, I decided to apply both shades with a sponge-tipped applicator, using circular motions. I didn't use a brush because the shades are light and natural. I wanted you to get a sense of the full-on color so that you could select the shade that works best for you. My photos were taken in full sun. Keep in mind, please, that the applications on my arm are heavy - much more intense than you will see on your cheeks if you apply these blushes normally.

I love them both and expect to use them both. I have a favorite that surprises me: Nude Peach! Yikes! I'm becoming a peach blush lover. Who would have thought? I have cool-toned skin. However, peach blushes can be enormously warming and flattering on me if they are the right shade. Leave it to Bobbi Brown to introduce just the right peach shade for me - and possibly you.

Nude Peach is described online as a pale, nude nectar. Nude Pink is described as the "palest pink." Nude Pink is much more colorful than Giorgio Armani Beauty's new Tourmaline Pink Blush. Nude Pink offers vibrant pink color, which is buildable. It offers a range of intensity from a hint of blush if applied lightly to a vibrant pink cheek if layered. The choice is yours. Don't forget you can top them with one of the new Shimmer Bricks for a little razzle dazzle.

I have two categories of makeup: 1) things that get tried and swatched and subsequently fall to the bottom of the pile at my house, and 2) things that get tried and swatched and make their way to the limited space on my bathroom counter. These two blushes are on my bathroom counter. Enough said? I'll probably use Nude Peach the most until spring arrives, when Nude Pink will have its day.

Check them out and see what you think. The Neons & Nudes Collection is available at all Bobbi Brown counters, and it's also available at www.bobbibrown.com.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Daly Beauty said...

Beautiful! I can't decide which I like better! I got the hot pink lippy as a gift for our catsitter (along with Jo Malone Bluebell) & my daughter wants the orange...the peach would be so beautiful on her fair freckled complexion. We may need both!

toughdoc said...

I just got the Nude Peach the other day and it is gorgeous, a no-brainer for my pale rosacea-prone skin. Zero orange, almost a very light bronzy color on my face. Love your swatch on Nude Pink, I may need that one too. It looked kinda chalky when I tried it at the counter on my wrist. Maybe I'll actually sit down and let the makeup artists put it on my face to try it.

Suselew said...

I'm leaning toward peach these days, too, finding that adding more pink to a strong pink undertoned face was the wrong move. I'm definitely picking up the peach in my next BB order!

Eileen said...

Charlestongirl, Nude Peach looks lovely on your skin. Because Bobbi's new blushes are sheer, your natural pink melds beautifully with the peach tone and creates a color that is uniquely yours. I bet you get a lot of use out of this one. It's very flattering.

Dovey said...

Both colors look beautiful on your skin. I think Bobbi is so good at subtle and these will definitely fit the bill for pairing with an exciting lip or eye!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I think they're great for fair skin, but over bronzer, as a "pop" of color, they are a bit too light. I bought Nude Peach, however, and will wear it on its own throughout the winter months when I'm pale.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

can i come play in your pile?

i am also experiencing a moment with peach and coral blushes- fun fun fun, n'est-ce pas?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jane!

I needed both...I was sure of it! I didn't buy the neon lipsticks. I have to draw the line somewhere!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi toughdoc!

If your skin is dark, Nude Pink could appear chalky, as might any light pink. I think our skin tones make a huge difference.

Charlestongirl said...

Suselaw, I like both shades. I must cover over the red in the center of my face (using foundation) before I can add pink back. That works, though. Peach is more forgiving when it's as pretty as Nude Peach.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Eileen. I was stunned by how good it looks. I tried it in the store before I bought, learning that I really needed the peach.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey! Bobbi is the queen of natural! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal, I haven't been wearing a bronzer, so now I must go try that to see if the colors pop over top. Curious...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi LSBD!

Everyone wants to come play in this makeup emporium!

Petra said...

Nude peach does it for me, love it to death. Charstongirl, I can't believe you are 60 - locking good gal

BB said...

I was so excited looking at your swatches and rushed to my nearest BB counter, which is only 15 minutes walk away :)..but when I caught up with these blushers I was left underwhelmed and disappointed by the sheerness of them. I was fully intending to buy the peach and move away from my usual pinks. Never mind, I bought the Laura Mercier powder blush in Sheer Nectarine which packed a stronger punch so I was a little happier.

Btw I'm addicted to reading your blog. Your easy style of writing is very uplifting and I'm always left with a smile on my face afterwards. Thank you :)