Monday, July 5, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Designer Compact Foundation SPF 22

Even though I wear Giorgio Armani Beauty's foundations just about every day, I had never bought the Designer Compact Foundation SPF 22 ($65 - it's called "Designer Modelling Compact Foundation SPF 22 Sunscreen" on the jar). I have flirted with the other Armani foundations, like Face Fabric, but always returned to Hydra Glow or Luminous Silk. During the recent Friends & Family sale, I decided it was time to try Designer Compact Foundation. July and August made it the right time to try the SPF 22 and a finish described as cream-to-powder.

What a nice surprise it has been! I bought #2, the lightest shade of five available. I'm a #2 in most of the Armani foundations, so there was no reason to think I wouldn't be a #2 in this one. I was right.

Designer Compact Foundation SPF 22 has a lot going for it. The lightweight formula of this unique, brush-on double-silk cream compact gives buildable coverage, while antioxidants and the SPF 22 help protect the skin from sun and other environmental stresses that prematurely age the skin. Its lightweight, cream-to-powder texture results in a velvety-smooth complexion that looks airbrushed. The foundation provides all-day coverage and is said to be suitable for all skin types.

I think the "cream-to-powder" texture is perfect for this time of year. While I don't like powder foundations or those that "dry to powder," as a rule, this one is more creamy than powdery. It simply leaves a more matte finish than my Hydra Glow (which is dewy and, sadly, discontinued). You can apply this foundation with one light application for even all-over coverage and then go back and re-apply in areas where you need more oomph, such as over sun spots. It blends like a charm, and it doesn't settle into the expression lines near my eyes.

The foundation comes with the brush shown in the photo here. My first though was, "Great, another useless brush." Was I wrong! This brush is actually the best way to apply the foundation. For you BE gals, it almost buffs the foundation into the skin. You can use the large, flat side to do your all-over application and then turn it slightly, using the edge, to get into the corners next to your nose or re-apply a little more in areas that need extra coverage. The brush sits atop the large jar of foundation in a black "holder" to keep it clean and ready.

All in all, a good purchase! Have you tried it?

Photo courtesy of Armani Beauty

3 comments:

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I have never tried it either, I always was more attracted by Luminous Silk or Face Fabric...
And I am very faithful to Shiseido Hydro-Liquid Compact I like very much! Do you know that one? and if you have already used it, how does it compare with Giorgio Armani compact foundation? I am curious to read your impressions:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I have never bought the Shiseido compact foundation. Sorry - I can't compare! I do love Shiseido makeup, though.

Foundation is one thing (probably the only one) I don't over-buy. :)

Anyone else out there using Shiseido foundation? Care to weight in?

Anonymous said...

hi i was a huge fan of the designer compact but sadly it has been disscontinued also.does anyone know of a compact like the armani one im lost without it