Friday, June 25, 2010

NARS Lamu The Multiple

I love NARS The Multiple ($38) - so much that I purchase almost every one that comes along. The Multiple is the original multipurpose cream-to-powder stick for cheeks, lips, eyes, and body.

I love The Multiple sticks - they are so convenient - even though I often use a foundation brush to apply them. I love their creamy texture, natural look, and blending ease. Then, there are the gorgeous shades.

Lamu was introduced with the NARS Summer 2010 Collection, inspired by the character Séverine Serizy, played by Catherine Deneuve, in Belle de Jour. The publicity photos alone had me eagerly anticipating its introduction. When the collection appeared in the stores, I got my first up-close and personal look at Lamu, a Multiple in a juicy, fresh glazed-apricot shade. I tested it on my arm and noted how pretty the shimmering accent shade appeared. At the time, I wondered how it would look on my face, but I was rushing to an event. It wasn't the time to test makeup.

Months passed, and I realized I still needed to try Lamu. Even though it's not a natural shade for me, I continued to be intrigued. I finally ordered it online. I wore it on multiple days this week, and I'm very happy with my purchase. Lamu is a perfect summer blush shade - even for my fair, cool-toned skin. It gives me a bright warmth that conveys "summer."

I wanted to show you how pretty it is. I swatched it on my arm (which is lighter than my face), and I swatched a NARS Multiple Bronzer, Toumota, under it to show you that Lamu is shimmering and Toumota is matte. I applied each straight from its tube, without blending at all. The photo on the right was taken in filtered early morning sun; the one on the left was taken in the shade.

If you have been "on the fence" about Lamu, as I was, wondering if it's too apricot, I can assure you that Lamu is a very wearable and flexible shade. When applied with a brush, it provides sheer, buildable color that warms the complexion while offering a slight pop. The amount of shimmer is just right. I'm loving it!

You can purchase Lamu at the NARS Web site, in stores that carry NARS (such as Neiman Marcus), and Sephora (where you will find the closest square rendition of the shade online).

Top photo courtesy of NARS

6 comments:

Resham said...

I recently picked Copacabana...I am enjoying it soo much!!

Charlestongirl said...

Ohhh, yes, I have that one too. Adore it!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I've been "exploring" the Nars website to pick my perfect Multiple and found out 3 new Multiple édition limitée for this summer: Beverly Hills, Cadaques and Turks and Caicos.
They are supposed to be very sheer and I was wondering if you had tested them and your impressions on your skin? thank you :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Ohhh yes, Clarisse, and I love all three! Here was the post.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2010/05/nars-multiple-tints.html

Clarisse said...

Oh thank you very much! and sorry I didn't remember, but it's true that at the beginning of May I wasn't looking for bronzers! now, with Summer coming, I am..
As usual your post says all I need to know:very sheer texture(amazing) and I can see the results on your arm. I think I like "Turcos etc"..better, perhaps more sunny than the others, but I guess I'll end up like you buying the 3 of them
Thank you for your help!

Charlestongirl said...

You're welcome! You will love all three.

Sometimes, even I can't remember if I wrote about something. I have to do a search to remind myself. :)