Monday, June 28, 2010

Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose Collection Highlighter Pens

Thank God for Bobbi Brown! Seriously. Can you even imagine a makeup world without her? Bobbi Brown knows women. She knows what we like. She delivers wearable perfection - in one collection after another. Her latest release, the Denim & Rose Collection for Fall 2010, is superb. Take a close look at the photo above, and you'll see beautiful makeup adorning a beautiful face.

Bobbi Brown's Denim & Rose is all about rock 'n roll.

Everyone looks great in jeans — and anyone can pull off a dark denim eye. To make it wearable, I’ve paired inky blue shadows with pretty roses for lips and cheeks. The combination is casual and put-together, rock and roll but romantic, and modern yet classic all at once. - Bobbi Brown

I got my hands on the collection this past weekend. I had heard that Neiman Marcus had it in the store, so I wasted no time getting there. Still, they had already sold out of their initial allotment of the Sparkle Eye Shadow in Denim ($24)!

I will be telling you about the Denim & Rose Collection - and showing you swatches - in multiple posts over the next few days. Today, we'll start with the new, limited-edition Highlighter Pens ($32).
There are three shades in this handy, new "Touche-Eclat-like" pen: Opal, Rose, and Bronze. Just click the button at the bottom, and the product is distributed into the brush for handy application and blending. Each shade is designed to be a pretty finishing touch that will make all the difference to your look. Lightweight and luminescent, this brush-on liquid shimmer catches the light for beautifully defined cheekbones and an all-day glow that won't settle into your pores. Its use isn't limited to your cheekbones, though; you can use this highlighter on any part of your face (or body) where you want a little extra pop.

Opal (at top in photo) is a shade nearly everyone can wear. Rose (middle) imparts a touch of healthy, cheerful pink. Bronze (bottom), once blended, is much like a shimmering bronzer. Gals with dark skin are going to be delighted with Bronze. Sometimes, they get left out when highlighters are introduced. Not this time!

In order to show you the shades, I applied each (yes, I bought them all!) heavily on my arm. It took several layers of Opal to make it clearly visible in a photo. Rose was a little darker, and, thus, a little easier to capture, but you can see in my photo that it's quite sheer. Bronze, unblended, photographed easily. I took my photograph in the sun, where the shades sparkled.

Blended, all three shades are sheer, shimmering, and beautiful. Opal is the logical choice for my fair skin, but Bronze has a unique appeal to me. Applied lightly and blended well, it gives me a gorgeous summer glow. Rose? I'm blushing. I love it too.

The Highlighter Pen is going to be a coveted item! Make sure to get yours soon. The items in the Denim & Rose Collection are available at the Bobbi Brown Web site at "What's New." The collection is also available at Neiman Marcus and will be available at all Bobbi Brown counters very soon.

Up next at Best Things in Beauty? The limited-edition Denim & Rose Face Palette. It's a beauty!

Look and Highlighter Pen photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: