Friday, December 4, 2009

Miracle on Madison Avenue This Sunday

Remember that Miracle on Madison Avenue is a shopping event in New York City where 20% of the participating stores’ proceeds go to helping underserved children through The Children’s Aid Society in New York. It's this Sunday from noon to 5:00. You can learn more at this link. Or, you can read the November Best Things in Beauty post.

If this wonderful cause and fabulous shopping aren't enough incentive for anyone near New York to shop, the Miracle on Madison Avenue event draws quite a few celebrities. Ivanka Trump was one of many celebrities who turned out for the cause last year, representing her participating boutique, Ivanka Trump Collection. Star of Law & Order SVU and Chair of Miracle on Madison, Tamara Tunie is also a fixture at the event.

Go shopping for a good cause! I may call Hermes and ask if my phone order will qualify for the donation to Children's Aid. Worth trying!

3 comments:

Charlestongirl said...

Good Luck Today, Linda! I hope the event raises mega-bucks for the children. I wish I could be in NY with you. Instead, I'll be representing our local charity at McLean's hometown parade.

Children's Aid Society in New York said...

The event was wonderful, I hope yours was, too! Did you ever look into that phone order? We really appreciate all of your fabulous mentions!
Linda for Children's Aid Society in New York

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Linda,

I love promoting good causes! I didn't get to try that phone order. My plan had been to pop into the Hermes store here on Saturday, pick out what I wanted, and then call into New York on Sunday. Unfortunately, it snowed here! Once it started sticking on the streets (and it was slippery), I hurried home from my CVS F&F shopping and stayed put.

Our community parade Sunday was cute and cold! I should have dressed in a few more layers. It was nice, though, seeing so many friends.

Please make sure to let us know the results, once the donations are tallied. Y'all did great work!