Sunday, August 23, 2009

St. Ives Olive Cleanser

Olive Oil is turning up everywhere! Yesterday, I spotted this Olive Cleanser by St. Ives on a special display at CVS. Because there are so many new high-end olive oil products, I had to try it. It even rang up on sale ($3.33). You can't beat that price!

St. Ives products are natural. Not only that, they encourage their customers to recycle the packaging. You can find St. Ives in large retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target, Meijer, Walgreens, CVS, Albertsons, Savon Drugs, Kroger, Winn Dixie, HEB, Publix, and Ulta Cosmetics - all of which carry a selection, but not all, of the products. Some online stores, such as Drugstore.com have them too. I think we have the US covered with that list.

Here's what I liked about the product - even before I tried it.
  • With all natural anti-oxidants
  • Non-irritating
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • 100% natural extracts
  • Formulated without parabens and phthalates
  • Does not contain animal ingredients
  • Not tested on animals
You can read about the company's natural commitment at this link.

Right before bedtime, I used the cleanser as directed by wetting my face with water and massaging the cleanser into my skin. The rinse off was fairly quick - you can feel when you have removed it. The scent was very pleasant, and it was gone when I had completely rinsed. My skin felt nice and soft - not at all stripped. The verdict? Thumbs up! I like it and now have to figure out how I can fit yet another nice cleanser into my bathroom. Perhaps this one will find its way to the shower, where I will use it in the morning.

St. Ives makes lots of skin care products. You may be familiar with their well-regarded Apricot Scrub or their Mineral Therapy In-shower Exfoliating Body Polish. If you are looking for great drugstore beauty products, check out their Web site.

Photo courtesy of St. Ives.

No comments: