Saturday, August 15, 2009

a scent by issey miyake

a scent by issey miyake - odd name for a "fantabulous" fragrance! I purchased this new eau de toilette at Saks in Chevy Chase this week. Having been a fan of Miyake's first fragrance, L'Eau d'Issey, which was released in 1992, I stopped in my tracks when I saw the display of his latest. Like the last, this perfume is hard to describe. I will tell you that it's crisp, fresh, green, floral, and a tiny bit woody - and not the least bit confusing, despite those disparate terms.

It has notes of hyacinth and jasmine (among the most beautifully fragrant flowers on earth), galbanum (smells musky or woody), and verbena. And if the fragrance alone weren't wonderful, the bottle is pretty cool. A shower gel and body lotion are also available.

You can purchase it in three sizes, all of which are reasonably priced. I bought the medium size (3.3 fluid ounces) for $89, and if I run out, I will go back and get the largest bottle, which definitely has the best per-ounce price.

Photo courtesy of Issey Miyake.

No comments: