Monday, June 29, 2009

Chanel's Fall 2009 Quad Eyeshadow

Murano is Chanel's Fall 2009 quadra eyeshadow. I was able to purchase it at Saks June 23 - early for a Fall intro. I saw it at Nordstrom too. Am I smitten! Although I was able to get my hands on a few other pieces of this collection, I had to try out this quad right away. It's drop-dead gorgeous.

Afraid of teal green shades? Admire them, but never use them? This is the shadow for you. The colors, when applied with a light hand, are subdued. I used the lightest green all over the lid (you can apply this color fairly heavily), the green on the photo top left on the outside half of the lid (and a tad in corner under the lower lashes), the darker green in the crease only, and the pink under the brow. Wow! The result was a subtly smokey eye that I could wear during the day - with or without the crease color. With a heavier application, it's all-out photo-worthy gorgeous.

I suspect this will sell out fast. I think it's one of Chanel's best-ever quads! More to come on Chanel's Fall 2009 collection.

No comments: